What are the benefits of ISO9001:2008?
ISO 9001:2008 is a business management system and a process-orientated quality management system standard.
What does it do?
- Ensures that a customer’s order is received, processed and despatched to the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensures traceability throughout the process
- Ensures conformance to appropriate manufacturing standards
- Ensures a customer focus
What does it require?
- Customer input at all stages of the process, including design
- A customer complaints system
- Total management involvement
- Active staff participation in key processes – 360 degree communication
- Systematic management
How does it differ from ISO9001/2/3?
- It is a business management system as opposed to a quality management system
- It is competency based, not procedures based – minimum of only 6 procedures required
- It is less bureaucratic and very flexible
- It promotes Continuous Improvement, rather than a reason not to do something
- It takes a more realistic and holistic approach
What are the main benefits?
- Increases efficiency
- Increases effectiveness
- Reduces costs
- Encourages the company to use professional management systems within their business
- Promotes development
- Moves the company towards world class quality standards
- It is an internationally recognised standard
Ground Floor, Building 1000, Lakeside North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3EZ
PART OF THE GIBBONS ROSCOE LIMITED GROUP